Reading, Writing, or Speaking with Newspaper Activities
Buy This Resource Now
The Newspaper Activities is a nice document that allows your students to increase their reading skills, as well as their speaking and writing skills in English. This document is actually very good for elementary school students, as well as if you are teaching ESL.
Here is an overview of what students are to do:
1): Worksheets are created to be used with articles found in a newspaper. Easy to find... You may already have newspapers to give to your students or you may also ask them to go online, find an article to read, then present to the class with the questions they are to answer in these worksheets.
2): 7 worksheets are provided for all levels and learning styles. Students are to answer the questions provided in the worksheets that are presented in the following formats:
- Regular questions asked to verify if they understood the articles.
- Visually with mind mapping to find the main idea.
- From questions to be answered with a section that allows the students to cut and glue the article. .
3): If you have ESL students, this could be a nice activity for Immersion time, by asking them to tell the class about the article and have other students ask him/her questions.
Are you ready? Don't forget to look at the preview!
Be the first to know about my store discounts, free products, and new product! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name above.
If you have any questions or requests, do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carten Educational Resources
You might also like:
Same document is available for students learning to speak French
French Newspaper Activities for all levels, French 1, 2, 3, 4
Check out some of my Word Search Puzzles:
- ESL or Social Studies Word Search on United States
- Word Search: Colors with Quiz and Study Guide, Coloring page, and Bonus - 21 pages
Here are few other documents for English classes or ESL classes:
- Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
- 126 Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
- Back to School Packet Worksheets
- Dictation - Great Grammar Helper
- ESL: Verb “to be” – Present Simple Tense
- Reading, Listening, Presenting Strategies for All, including ESL, French, Spanish
- ESL / EFL / TESL / TESOL = Verb “to be” – Past Simple Tense
- Video / DVD Time - Keeping your Students Focused!
- ESL / English / French / Spanish + All Subjects - Read or Listen or Present
- Find Me! Guessing Game
Copyright © Andree Carten. All rights reserved by author.
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.