ESL for French Speakers Ice Breaker Project with Who Are We? Qui Sommes-Nous?
Buy This Resource Now
ESL for French Speakers is a nice interactive project that can be done on the first weeks of school, so students get to know each others, where they come from, what they like, and much more.
Dear ESL Teachers with students who only speak French, here is a great document to break the ice, helping each one know each other!
Here it is, helping each one to get to know each other while being interactive. In the preview you can see how it looks like.
Let’s see what it contains:
1) Study Guides provided in English and French
2) Worksheets + Audio Practice:
1. For students to translate in French the sentences given in English. A link to my Quizlet is provided for the students to hear and practice how to say the sentences in English correctly. This can easily be done from their phone, laptop, tablet, computer, making it just like they enjoy doing it, very interactive!
2. Now that they know the sentences, students are to be paired and, with the worksheet provided, they are to prepare themselves to introduce another student in English to the class. This is so much fun and it can be done...
with a PowerPoint presentation
with handmade posters
with online presenters, such as Pretzi, Visme, emaze, etc.
3) Directions for the project are clearly given in English and additional copies are also provided in French to help your beginners.
4) Can they follow directions? Let’s find out with the special rule!
One of the challenges for many students is to understand the questions asked on quizzes, tests, and exams. A special rule has been added and this is a very good way for you to learn your students and see right at the beginning of the school year who reads instructions correctly and who may need some help… So the rule added is to simply not draw or use images of living things.
5) Rubrics in English and French are also provided.
*** For students who speak Spanish, the same document is also available at ESL for Spanish Speakers Ice Breaker Project with Who Are We? Qui Sommes-Nous?
Are you ready for this nice interactive project?
Feel free to email me if you have questions or would like something modified. I’m just an email away!
Carten Educational Resources
You might also like:
- ESL for Spanish Speakers Ice Breaker Project with Who Are We? Qui Sommes-Nous?
- Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other (FREE)
- 126 Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
- Back to School Packet Worksheets
- Dictation - Great Grammar Helper
- ESL: Verb “to be” – Present Simple Tense
- ESL: Verb “to be” – Past Simple Tense- ESL / English / French / Spanish + All Subjects - Read or Listen or Present
- ESL / EFL / TESL / TESOL = Verb “to be” – Past Simple Tense
- Video / DVD Time - Keeping your Students Focused!
- ESL / English / French / Spanish + All Subjects - Read or Listen or Present
Copyright © Andree Carten. All rights reserved by author.
What does ESL / EFL / TESL / TESOL / ESOL stand for?
EFL: English as a Foreign Language
ESL: English as a Second Language
ESOL: English as a Second or Other Language
TEFL: Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
TESL: Teacher of English as a Second Language
TESOL:Teacher of English as a Second or Other Language
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.