ESL Back to School with Who Are We? Nice Ice Breaker Project
Buy This Resource Now
Dear ESL Teachers, here is a great document to break the ice on the first weeks of school, helping each one to know each other in pair groups...
Feel free to take a look at the preview or the images..
Let’s see what it contains:
1) Study Guide
2) Worksheets + Audio Practice:
1. For students to translate into their native language the sentences given in English. A link to my Quizlet is provided for the students to hear and practice how to say the sentences in English correctly. This can easily be done from their phone, laptop, tablet, computer, making it just like they enjoy doing it, very interactive!
2. Now that they know the sentences, students are to be paired and, with the worksheets provided, they are to prepare one of the followings in order to introduce another student in English to the class. This is so much fun and it can be done...
with a PowerPoint presentation
with handmade posters
with online presenters, such as Pretzi, Visme, emaze, etc.
3) Directions for the project are clearly given in English.
4) Can they follow directions? Let’s find out with the special rule!
One of the challenges for many students is to understand the questions asked on quizzes, tests, and exams. A special rule has been added and this is a very good way for you to learn your students and see right at the beginning of the school year who reads instructions correctly and who may need some help… So the rule added is to simply not draw or use images of living things.
5) Rubric is also provided.
6) Contains: Total of 7 pages with 3 printable pages for your students:
- Worksheet with translation to do and audio practice: 1 page + 1 Quizlet link
- Worksheet with directions and space to write information: 1 page
- Rubric: 1 page
Are you ready for this nice interactive project?
If you have French native speakers, I have the same document with 12 pages that comes with the same only in English and with the same all in French to help students understand what they need to do. Check it out at ESL for French Speakers Ice Breaker Project with Who Are We? Qui Sommes-Nous?
Feel free to email me if you have questions or would like something modified. I’m just an email away!
Ohhh, don't forget that if you click on the green "Follow Me" star above, you can be from the first to know about my store discounts, free products, and product launches!
Carten Educational Resources
You might also like:
- Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other (FREE)
- 126 Task Cards on Getting to Know Each Other
- Back to School Packet Worksheets
- Dictation - Great Grammar Helper
- ESL: Verb “to be” – Present Simple Tense
- ESL: Verb “to be” – Past Simple Tense- ESL / English / French / Spanish + All Subjects - Read or Listen or Present
- ESL / EFL / TESL / TESOL = Verb “to be” – Past Simple Tense
- Video / DVD Time - Keeping your Students Focused!
- ESL / English / French / Spanish + All Subjects - Read or Listen or Present
Copyright © Andree Carten. All rights reserved by author.
What does ESL / EFL / TESL / TESOL / ESOL stand for?
EFL: English as a Foreign Language
ESL: English as a Second Language
ESOL: English as a Second or Other Language
TEFL: Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
TESL: Teacher of English as a Second Language
TESOL:Teacher of English as a Second or Other Language
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.